The mission of Rio Blanco County Nursing Service is to protect, promote and enhance the health and well-being of all people and the environment in Rio Blanco County.
Rio Blanco County Nursing Service is the public health agency serving all of Rio Blanco County and surrounding areas. The most current and useful description of public health is presented in the 1988 Institute of Medicine publication entitled, "The Future of Public Health." This publication defines the mission of public health as "fulfilling society's interest in assuring conditions in which people can be healthy." Public Health's aim is to generate organized community efforts to address the public interest in health by applying scientific and technical knowledge to prevent disease and promote health.
The three core functions of public health are:
- Assessment: Regular, systematic collection of information on the health of the community.
- Assurance: Assure that the services necessary to achieve health goals are available to the whole population, either by encouraging other entities to provide them or, if necessary, by providing services directly.
- Policy Development: Work for rules, laws, and/or policies that serve the health interests of the whole community.
- Assure access and provide linkages to personal health services.
- Develop policies that support and protect the health of the community and the environment.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect the health of the public and the environment.
- Mobilize community partnerships to solve identified health problems.
- Monitor the health status of the population and the environment as well as identifying community health problems.
- Prevent and control the spread of communicable disease.
- Promote positive health behaviors and environmental practices.
Email: RBC Public Health
Address: 209 E Main Street
Rangely, CO 81648
For more comprehensive information visit Rio Blanco County's Public Health page