Water sports are a great way to have fun in the sun, whether you take to the water in your power boat, sailboat, canoe or just jump in for a swim. Whether you are swimming or boating it is important to use common sense.
The Colorado Boating Safety Program promotes safe vessel operation while enhancing boating experiences.
The marina is located on the east side of the reservoir and has a concrete boat ramp and fiberglass docks. We ask you to please follow the rules and regulations to help keep everyone safe. Floating logs and other debris are a hazard at Kenney Reservoir; therefore we remind boaters and skiers to keep a sharp watch for floating or partially submerged objects as well as shallow areas.
Rules and Regulations:
- All boats are required to have personal flotation devices approved by the U.S. Coast Guard for each person on board.
- All onboard toilet facilities must be self-contained and sealed.
- Boats pulling water skiers must have an observer on board in addition to the driver.
- A red 12"x12" flag must be displayed whenever a skier is down in the water.
- Ski counterclockwise. Be aware of other skiers and watercraft.
- Jet skis and other water craft must obey the boating laws and observe safe boating practices.
- What to Know Before You Head Out
The Boat Safety Review Session is required for individuals who are 14 or 15 years old to lawfully operate a boat in Colorado; however, it is extremely valuable information regardless of age or experience level.
- Check your equipment
- Wear the proper life vest
- Attend a Boating Safely in Colorado course
- Get a safety inspection on your vessel
- Review navigation techniques
- Additional Things to Know about Boating in Colorado
White River Guide Website:
Ever wanted to take a canoe trip? Relatively gentle Class 1 & 2 waters? And into real wilderness? The lower White River of Western Colorado & Eastern Utah is a great place to take such a trip. But no river trip is without hazards so be well prepared. The White River Guide below will help you navigate the river.