What to Do if You Smell Gas
- If possible eliminate any source of ignition.
- Do not smoke. Do not use lighters or matches.
- Do not turn on/off any switches or appliances.
- Do not use a phone or cell phone.
- Leave the area and go to a safe location
Call the the Police Department (970) 675-8467 to report a gas problem.
Have all emergency information available. (See Emergency Checklist Bellow).
For possible life threatening emergency call 9-1-1 and have emergency checklist information ready.
Our personnel are available 24 hours a day to respond to any emergency call.
- Emergency Checklist
If you have an emergency, call the Rangely Police Department:
(970) 675-8467 and provide our personnel with the following information:
- Address or Location.
- Telephone Number.
- Type of Building or Site.
- Type and strength of odor.
- Location of Odor (Inside by appliance or outside by the meter or site).
- Recent construction in the area?