Check out the full article here:

Make Plans to Travel Somewhere Small This Year


Liquor Licensing

Colorado is a dual-licensing state, meaning liquor license applications are reviewed at both the local (Town of Rangely) and State level.

Rangely Town Clerk's office staff acts as liaison with the State, and all applications for a new license or transfer must be submitted to the Clerk's office for local approval prior to being forwarded to the State Liquor Enforcement Division for review. Subsequent to approval by both entities, a liquor license will be issued for a one-year period. Liquor licenses must be renewed annually.

Applying for a liquor license requires attention to detail when completing the application and supplying the required supporting documents.

Please call the Clerk's office to make an appointment to obtain an application packet and review the application process and requirements.

After a completed application is submitted to the Clerk's office and reviewed by staff, a second appointment will be scheduled to go over the application, make revisions, and obtain additional documentation, as needed.

Liquor License

Liquor License Questions? Call (970) 675-8477 or email the Town Clerk


The liquor license application process can take anywhere from six weeks to six months to complete depending on when the application is received, the complexity of the application, the timing of the public hearing, and the workload at the State Liquor Enforcement Division. Therefore, you must communicate with the Clerk's office well in advance of your opening date or, if buying an existing business, well in advance of closing on the sale of the business. Failure to contact the Clerk's office prior to closing on a business may result in interruptions to service and delays in licensing.

Liquor Law and Regulations

Staff recommends that you become familiar with the Colorado Liquor Code and Colorado Liquor Rules. These documents are available online at the Colorado Department of Revenue website.