- 6.08.010 Reporting
Any person having knowledge that an animal has bitten a person shall immediately report the incident to the Town police department and/or the code enforcement officer.
- 6.08.020 Reporting by physicians
Every physician or other medical practitioner who treats a person or persons for animal bites shall immediately from when said treatment is rendered report such treatment to the Town police department or to the code enforcement officer, giving the name, age, sex and location of the bitten person or persons and such other information as the officer or agency may require.
- 6.08.030 Reporting suspected rabid animal
Any veterinarian who clinically diagnoses rabies or any person who suspects rabies in a dog, cat or other domestic or wild animal shall immediately report the incident to the Town police department or to the code enforcement officer, stating where such animal may be found.
- 6.08.040 Reporting suspected rabid bites
If a known or suspected rabid animal bites or attacks a domestic animal, such incident shall also be reported as required above.
- 6.08.050 Reporting accidents involving injured/killed animals
Any person who, while driving an authorized vehicle, strikes and injures or kills any animal within the Town shall:
- Stop immediately and report the incident to the owner of the animal.
- Immediately report the incident to the code enforcement officer or the Town police department if, after reasonable searching, the owner cannot be located.