- 2.24.010 Appointment—Vacancy
The board, within thirty (30) days after each biennial election, shall appoint some qualified attorney at law as the Town attorney and shall fix his compensation. In case a vacancy should occur in the office of Town attorney, the board shall appoint a Town attorney for the unexpired term.
- 2.24.020 Duties
The Town attorney shall perform the following duties:
- He shall act as legal advisor to and be attorney and counsel for the board, and shall be responsible solely to the board. He shall advise any officer or department head of the Town in matters relating to his official duties when so requested by the board and shall file with the clerk a copy of all written opinions given by him.
- He shall prosecute ordinance violations of provisions of this Code, and he shall conduct for the Town cases in municipal court. He shall file with the Town Manager copies of records and files relating thereto.
- He shall prepare or review all ordinances, contracts, bonds, and other written instruments, which are submitted to him by the board and shall promptly give his opinion as to the legal consequences thereto.
- He shall call to the attention of the board all matters of law, and changes or developments therein affecting the Town.
- He shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed for him by the board.